Thursday, January 31, 2013

Dork. For. Life.


As an adolescent, I was a mess. I had big, thick, curled 90s* bangs, an unfortunately acne-prone face, and a nose that was two sizes too big. Also, I wore dorky glasses and carried around the fourth Harry Potter book to hit people with.**

Then I grew into my nose, my mom let me wear make-up, I grew out the bangs, and I started reading Agatha Christie, whose books are much slimmer than J. K. Rowling's. I also "forgot" to wear my dorky glasses so often that teachers complained and my parents finally relented and let me get contacts.

Fast forward a decade and I just started wearing glasses again. Also, I ran out of contacts and was too lazy to order more. So I've been wearing glasses for two months...and developed that classy habit of pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nose with my pointer finger.

I wore contacts for the first time in a while yesterday. And I repeatedly tried to push my phantom glasses up my nose. Repeatedly.

I was pushing my "glasses" up my nose all day and I wasn't even wearing them.


MINUS THE GLASSES.

*Spellcheck doesn't recognize this as a "word." Spellcheck wants me to correct it to "BS." GO HOME SPELLCHECK, YOU'RE DRUNK.

**WHY AM I ENDING THIS SENTENCE IN A PREPOSITION whyyyyyyyyyyyy.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes i use my middle finger to push my glasses up and then regret that choice right away because i look like i' "flipping the bird" to people around me.

    ReplyDelete