Tuesday, February 26, 2013
How much do cheese curds weigh?
Guys (and gals, and various other gender-neutral people) - I'm leaving in less than three weeks. Commence panic attack...now.
So, what do I have to do before I leave? Don't worry, I won't be mad if you're not interested. I don't even know if you read this or not! Just know I'll love you no matter what (unless this hypothetical "you" is Jafar or Sue Sylvester, because then we might have a problem).
1. Finish up at the WWHF (tears).
2. Visit MEGAN in KANSAS!
3. Have lunch with Grandma twice.
4. Go visit my great aunts.
5. Ice skate in Tenney Park!
6. Teach Ella (my nine-year-old best friend) how to skype.
7. Um, pack?
8. Cry because packing is overwhelming and I don't know what to bring and what to leave behind and do I take both my favorite stuffed animals or just one or maybe none, I don't want to look infantile and OMG WHY DOES MY COAT WEIGH 15 POUNDS I'm going to die.
9. Clean out my Wiscmail and forward all my contacts/correspondence to my Gmail (bye bye, wisc.edu)
10. Re-download my Albanian language files which for some reason decided to stop working. NOT COOL, LANGUAGE FILES.
11. Go to Cecily's bridal shower!
11.25. Get shower gift.
11.5. JK CEC, ALREADY GOT IT.
11.75. jk, that's a lie...
12. Spend ALL the money! On: new boots, new camera (suggestions?), eno hammock straps, smart wool socks, long underwear, E-BOOKS.
13. Find my red REI thermos. 205 girls, has anyone seen it?
14. Clean my room. No, seriously. I've been going all Twister on it for two months. It's pathetic.
15. Continue to blog about absolutely NOTHING.
16. USE CAPS LOCK INAPPROPRIATELY AND TOO OFTEN.
17. ...by the way, Dad, can I use one of your big green suitcases? For the next two years?
18. Have a Disney night.
19. Stitch 'n' bitch. Last time, it was in a bar. I BROUGHT EMBROIDERY TO A BAR, PEOPLE.
20. Get fresh cosmetics and toiletries, etc. Because I can't imagine anything worse than arriving in a foreign country without blush. That would be embarrassing.
21. If you didn't catch the sarcasm in the previous list item, do you even know me?
22. Finish the myriad of books I've started at home: Crazy Love, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (books 2-5), A Confederacy of Dunces, The Age of Innocence.
23. Find the best way to fit a yoga mat in a suitcase.
24. Take nothing seriously.