Thursday, March 21, 2013

I'm learning shqip, but all I hear is nonsense.


What it means          What it says                    What it sounds like                What I hear          

Good night!                     Natën e mirë                  knot-en-ah-meer-ah                Not in a mirror!

15                                  pesëmbëdhjetë               pace-em-buh-thee-yet             Pay somebody it!

Orange                            portokall                        poor-toe-call                                Portugal

Bon apetit!                      Ju bëftë mirë!                 you-buhft-uh-meer                   You buffed a mirror?

I'm hungry.                      Kam uri.                          kahm-ur-rie                                 Come, Yuri.


(If my stomach's name is Yuri...)


No comments:

Post a Comment