Tuesday, June 18, 2013

6,000 Miles AIN'T ENOUGH


DISCLAIMER: In case you forgot, anything and everything I say here is my opinion and most assuredly has nothing to do with the US Peace Corps.

I'm halfway across the world, staring at health care problems that Americans haven't dealt with since the 1930s. No patient privacy. No heat. Unclean bathrooms. I'll get into my tours of the hospital in another post, but for now, suffice it to say healthcare (especially for women) is lacking here.

And then I read the news from home. And cringe. And yell pointlessly at my computer screen as if that might mitigate some, any, a tiny bit of my anger. Because even though America is great and all - and it is, believe me - we still need FeministRyanGosling to help point out some egregious errors.


Believe me, I wrote a much longer, much more irate post but then deleted it all. This is as pc* as I get.

*politically correct, not peace corps

No comments:

Post a Comment