Sunday, August 18, 2013

This is how I look when...Wedding Edition


...I rush all morning, catch a furgon, and practically run to my host family's house to be on time for the wedding, only to learn that the wedding didn't start til the day after:


...myself to my reflection in the mirror, when the hair stylist/cousin offers to do my hair and make-up for the wedding:


what could possibly go wrong?

...I finally see how high she teased my hair, and the eye make up that made me look like a street walker:


... after hours of circle dancing and my brain checks out from too many people talking in shqip at once and I'm tired...and then realize that someone asked me a question and they're all staring at me:



...I notice the smarmy 16-year-old cousin of the bride has unbuttoned his shirt to his navel and is sticking his dweeby little adolescent chest out for the wedding photos:


...I notice a heavily pregnant woman in four-inch stilettos wearing a floor-length dress that's much too long, circle dancing:


Thank the sweet baby Jesus she didn't fall. 


...when I got home from the three day wedding:



1 comment:

  1. Awe, this is so great Mary. What a memorable experience and thank you for sharing with us in the U.S. You make me proud and I am sure the Peace Corp. as well. All my love, Mom

    ReplyDelete